The Anguksa Ginkgo grows in the yard before the Anguk Temple in Ponghak-dong, Phyongsong City, South Phyongan Province.
The Anguk Temple was built in 503 and rebuilt several times.
The Anguksa Ginkgo was planted around 1400. It is a female tree and bears about 100 kilograms of fruits every year. It is about 31 metres high. The tree has more than 10 boughs.
Its root neck is about 11 metres round.
The tree grows, extending towards the south. The crown is about 24 metres from east to west and about 19.5 metres from north to south.
The tree was designated as a living monument in January Juche 69(1980).